NOTICE:  No new applications for registration will be accepted by APEGA during the period Monday, July 21 and
ending Sunday, August 10 inclusive.

This temporary suspension of the application process for new applicants will serve to benefit both new and current applicants. During this time APEGA is introducing new systems to make the registration process quicker.

If you currently have an application in process, please be assured that this temporary suspension of new applications will have no negative effect upon your application.

During this three-week period Registration staff will introduce new software to the registration process and be trained on its use.

If you are a Professional Engineer or Professional Geoscientist already licensed with a regulator in another Canadian province or territory and are seeking registration with APEGA please contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for information on applying during this time period.


Member-in-Training is a designation
that signifies you have met APEGA's
academic and good character requirements...


Professional Members

A Professional Member is an
engineer or geoscientist who has
met all the requirements to get a
full license.  If you qualify  ....


Foreign Licensees

If you meet all five of the
requirements to obtain a full
license as a Professional Member
but are not a Canadian citizen or ...


Provisional Licensees

A provisional license means you
have met all of APEGA's requirements
as a Profesional member or Foreign
Licensee  ...


What's New

Experience Content

  When you apply to become a professional member of APEGA, the Boar

Understanding the Requirements

    APEGA has five requirements you need to meet before you can be li


Most Read FAQs

How Can You Maximize the Possibility of Having Exams Waived

If you do not have a post-graduate degree and do not plan to obtain one,

Will You Have to Write Exams?

The approach used by APEGA to determine whether an applicant needs to wri

Which license should you apply for?

Most internationally educated graduates apply for Professional Member st

How to Progress through Designations?

Going from Provisional Licensee to full Professional Member or Foreign Li